Saturday, September 19, 2009

update!

dang i don't know where to start! well brian starts his new schedule this week. which i am trying to decide if i will like or not. the good part is he gets thursday, friday, saturday off but the bad part is that he works from 9pm-7am. so he'll get off thursday morning and not go back until sunday nights. i am sooo excited he has the weekends off and we can finally go to church together! sundays are really my favorite day so i'm glad we can share them together now :) i'm so grateful for a hard working husband who loves his job!
i am nannying for four different families, i know crazy but i just do one day a week for each of them. i kind of like it that way cause then i don't get tired of the same old thing everyday. and i'm also taking an online english class through byu-i. which i'm figuring out is a lot more work than i would be doing if i was just going to class. a lot more than necessary really! but its nice to have some obligation to school work, even if it's not always that fun, since its been really weird for me not going back to a full load of school. i truly miss byu-idaho and have recently been really sad about not going back. before i was sad to leave it but so excited to too because that meant no more good-byes. but now that everything is settled i'm now realizing i really am done with that wonderful chapter of my life. each semester was a time for me to grow and strengthen who i was and what i believed in. it was chance for me to really dance and learn with and by the spirit. i just have to remind myself to take what i found at that school and bring it with me where ever the rest of my life takes me.
so our lives recently have been busy with lots of working, lots of gift returns and shopping(which we are glad to be done with), decorating/organizing our lovely home, seeing WICKED which was amazing and we sat sooo close i couldn't get enough of it!, ski beach where i went wake boarding for the first time! and brian skied for the first time in a long long time...we were both extremely sore for the next few days after that, i've started rehearsal for The Nutcracker and i am very excited to still be able to dance and that brian encourages me to, and we've been having family home evening with our lovely married friends, the prices, which has been lots of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Carina! I couldn't be happier for you. I just watched your wedding slideshow and it was so much fun. I loved everything. Your pics were beautiful. So, i totally know how you feel when you realize how wonderful byu-i was as a chapter in your life. I too miss it and am so grateful for the growth I experienced and the strength I gained by being there for as long as i was. You are doing all the right things to keep dancing and working hard in whatever you do. Wherever your life takes you and Brian you'll be blessed by living by the spirit and enjoying each chapter of your life as it comes. I'm learning to do this still. Good luck with your schedules. You'll make it work. Thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete