Thursday, February 3, 2011

i'm 22.

it's crazy to think where i am in my 22nd year of life. it really isn't where i planned to be but it is so much better. oh so much better than i ever thought!

i didn't do anything too crazy but had lots of evenings spent with all my favorite people. thursday night before my birthday i enjoyed a yummy dinner out to chinese with my grandma and uncle. the big day i worked and brian was at work until midnight (we waited for our days off on monday and tuesday to celebrate) and so i joined my family at my little sister's show choir concert. she is getting too too big! all i could think about while watching her was how i used to change her diapers and give her baths and then put her jammies (i may or may not have gotten teary eyed) on her cute, all clean, little baby body. anyways.. enough about getting too big.
on saturday, after a my favorite yoga class, some homework, and cleaning the house so clean :), a group of my favorite girls enjoyed some delicious dinner at BJ's and a few rounds of catch phrase at my place after. (i know i've said i don't like games, but i really do like catch phrase) on sunday brian and i went to my families for dinner and my mom made my favorite apple crisp...so yummy! and we played my other favorite game apples to apples.

and finally! brian and i were able to play together all day monday and tuesday! those are his set days off and i happen to have the week off work. we never get full days together anymore so i was so excited to play with my best friend for a whole two days!! we never got a chance to go to julian during fall like a wanted so monday we headed up there for an afternoon. we had a surprisingly delicious lunch. we, of course, hit up the candy store. we even held hands.
with not much sleep the night before, a long run at the lake that morning with haley, and getting a cold.. i was happy to cuddle brian and nap a bit while he enjoyed his other lover (don't worry it's just his kindle. although i do get jealous of her sometimes.) before we headed over to the schimpf's that night for some mexican!

my sickness ruined our tuesday adventure of beach cruising around coronado but ended up being replaced with costco and a movie. buuut, any day with costco involved is a great day for me!

yay to birthdays that are a great excuse to
bring friends together, go on adventures, and eat sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment