Wednesday, February 2, 2011

nine.

Day 9-Something you're proud of in the past few days

running four miles this past thursday and again on monday! i've always really liked running but it always really hurts my body. and if i'm not doing it with someone i get really bored. so i've never run more than three miles ever! and that was on a treadmill...cause it keeps me going. and i have injuries, like plantar fasciitis, from dance that start to hurt bad after about two miles. but my wonderful friend haley is in the beginning of her training for a half marathon. so i joined her for a couple runs at the lake. i'm looking forward to more too! although, besides the normal pains, i get this horrible one in the tendon behind my knee on the outer side...so bad that i have to stop and walk. after the run on monday i was practically limping the rest of the day from it. i think it might be overcompensation for my sprained ankle that never healed properly. hopefully it won't keep me from more running because i'm so proud of myself for pushing though the pain and doing, what i consider, long runs. i realize this sounds wimpy cause four miles is really nothing but when you haven't done it before it just feels so good to know you finally have and you actually can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment