Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Highlights

now i'm sure i will forget something but i'll try my best to remember this past year! what a year it has been...lots of growing and firsts for me especially!

January
- my 21st birthday which was celebrated by a great night out with brian eating BJ's and then enjoying seaport village and ice cream
- started my first few classes at a community college in order to transfer them to byui....how different! made me love byui so much more! and i was sooo glad when they came to an end.
- started my medical assisting externship at Center for Family Health only one mile down the street from our apartment. what a learning experience that was! not the nicest people to say the least and i hated almost every minute...i was so proud of myself when the 200 hours were finally completed!
- not sure which month but i know it was in the beginning of the year....i was called to the activity days leader.

February
- don't remember anything eventful this month just trying to survive working, my externship at the doctors office, and school.
- we (mostly brian) are not to big about valentines day around here but brian surprised me with balloons, flowers, and chocolate!! never expected it so i was so happy!

March
- our disneyland passes expired so we enjoyed one last time at the park.
- saw cirque de sole!!
- completed my externship and all the paperwork and homework that went along with it....so i then officially complete the medical assisting program at byui!

April
- spring break! normally i would be only two weeks away from ending the semester at byui so i was happy for a break before the last stretch of grossmont's semester.
- easter! we spent it with most of my extended family at my parents.

May
- my classes ended!
- we bought and started p90x...not so successful.

June
- celebrated brian's 26th birthday in vegas for a long weekend! so much fun! saw jersey boys, did lots of walking around, rode the big roller coaster, enjoyed our giant jacuzzi tub in the condo, slept lots, hit up a buffet, and more.
- found out we were pregnant! and couldn't keep it to ourselves!
- ended the month with a week of lake camping with all of brian's family at don pedro! sooo fun but i did lots of sleeping so i'm looking forward to next year even more!

July
- had our first ultrasound that showed i had a blighted ovum (look it up) not at all what we were expecting that day. instead of a d&c i opted for a drug they insert...was sent home to basically wait for my body to go into labor and make everything pass in less than 24 hours. worst experience of my life!
- quickly learned that things REALLY do happen for a reason and that right in the middle of my miscarriage happening was offered a job at dr. pulsiphers orthodontists office as an assistant. what a true blessing that was and i couldn't have been happier at such a sad time.

August
- started my first day of training!! i was so nervous but so excited! everyone was so nice to me and really helped me learn a lot! i was grateful for this opportunity and learned that i love it more than working at a doctors office full of old sick people who don't take are of themselves!
- most of all this new job gave me a great distraction from the loss we just had and gave me something to focus on instead of what i was really going though. it really helped me to see my Heavenly Father's plan for me and to know that i need to be willing to let my plans go in order for his plan, that is so much greater, to take place.
- celebrated our first year anniversary! that weekend i was in a wedding and so we weren't really able to do much until the next friday. but we spent the day together getting massages, going to the cheesecake factory and going to the temple.
- i bought a 24 hour fitness pass! i'd been wanting to for soooo long but felt guilty paying for it when i could just run outside or do my workout dvd's at home. but it's best thing i've bought! i need the motivation of going somewhere and i LOVE the classes!
- was a bridesmaid for rhawnie!

September
- continued using my gym pass at least four times a week and loving every minute of it! this may not be a big deal to you but i was very proud of myself for sticking with it and finding something i didn't get bored of! ....and not wasting my money!
- this was in august but....i was no longer in charge of activity day girls but brian and i were called to teach the four year olds primary class!
- my friend brittany got married!

October
- had some great girlfriends over for dinner and it has turned into a monthly thing. so glad we do this! it's great to talk with young girls who are married too!
- brian worked halloween once again so we hung out the collins house the night before and that was about the extent of our halloween celebrations.

November
- first thanksgiving spent with the schimpfs. so yummy! and then had my sister stay the night to watch elf of course!

December
- saw the nutcracker performed by my old studio and both my sisters and one brother were in it! definitely helps start off the christmas season!
- found out we were pregnant again!! excited but nervous and waited to tell everyone until we could get a little picture, which wouldn't happen until after christmas. it killed me keeping it a secret while seeing everyone!
- had a very busy christmas going from one family event to the next. i mostly couldn't wait until christmas was over so we could just relax and then get to hopefully see our maybe baby!!
- had a girls christmas sock exchange party
- found out we are having TWO miscarriages in five months. blighted ovum again. just because it happened once doesn't mean you're chances of having it happen again are any greater... so definitely just a random thing. this time i've choose to have a D&C so that is how i will be starting out the new year on monday, with surgery.
- still trying to figure out the real reasoning behind it happening again.





2 comments:

  1. love you rina, my thoughts are with you tomorrow. call if you need anything <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage again. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. You'll be in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete